I am excited to have my first guest blogger, my 11 year old daughter Zoey! She made these flower crowns herself and also wrote the blog post (my words will be in bold). I did help with editing the photos for her, but the everything else she did on her own! She used the Elf and Fairy Crown and Wand Pattern from Rebecca Page.
Hi I am Zoey, daughter of Jennie! I wanted to start a project, so I decided to make a flower crown for me and my dolls. I also made some for my cousins and their dolls as Christmas presents. I made all the flowers it showed (in the tutorial) and both leaf types. Also, I decided that I wanted to make my own pattern of a leaf. It was very easy to make and fun to do to. It is a good beginner project, and a good Christmas or birthday present. My pattern is very easy to make and glue. It took me a couple days to make all of the flowers. It was fun to cut them out while my mom sewed stuff.
Here is Zoey’s tutorial for the leaves she made:
- Cut the pattern out of paper.
- Use the pattern to cut the felt out.
- Glue the ends of the felt that are open, together.
- Put a ring of glue around the center of the leaves.
- Put the flower on top of the glue and push down.
- Add a drop or two of glue to each of the leaves
- Push them against the side of the flower. Now you are ready to attach them to your crown.
Thank you so much for reading Zoey’s guest post! I think she did a great job and I would love it if you would leave her a comment below!
Modifications: You can add extra leaves to your flowers following Zoey’s tutorial above.
Recommendations: These make great gifts!
Fabric: Felt from Jo-Ann Fabrics